The great celebration of the cranberry harvest came around once again this year in WI. Cranfest '08 was filled with as much food, festivities, and of course CRAFTS as always. The village of Warrens typically has a population of about 290, but during this festival, it's reported that it swells to over 100,000. Imagine that many people and over a thousand booths crammed into a town that typically only holds 290! I took this photo of one of the streets in '05 and it seemed there were even more folks there this year.
Friday was the big day at the fest with Mom, Shelly, and Mikayla. Our littlest 'fester stayed at home with the guys awaiting our return. WI surprised me this year - it was HOT. People were still in shorts and there I was with a jacket on. Needless to say, that came off pretty quickly. We had a lot of fun and food, but one day was enough this year. So on Saturday we spent some time piddlin' around town at some of the shops before we went to dinner. Tyler met up with us for a bit that day to say 'hey' and look around and Alex, Mikayla, and Jordyn hung out with us that night at the house. It was another really quick trip to WI, but I'm really glad I was able to make it. I love seeing everyone and being around all the love....
Mom, Jordyn, Mikayla, and Shelly having fun at Mom's house. Jordyn is 18 weeks here - 95th percentile! Mikayla is 8 already! Shelly and Mom are.... well, guess I shouldn't post that info here...
While I was in Wisconsin, Josh was busy with friends in Memphis. Mark stopped by one night and Caleb & Anna were in town too. Josh really enjoyed visiting with everyone and couldn't stop talking about how big Bryson has gotten! I wish I could have been here to share the good time, but can't wait until the the time rolls around again so I can join in.
1 comments:
We missed seeing you in Memphis! Glad you had a good time on your trip though. -A
Post a Comment